Jim talks to radio host John Eaton on The Peak FM
(April 21, 2017) Simcoe-Grey MPP Jim Wilson was pleased to join radio host John Eaton on The Peak FM this morning to talk about the redevelopment of the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital.
Home affordability crisis needs addressing
(April 12, 2017) A big issue the Ontario PC Party has heard about in recent years is the rising cost of buying a home and the steep increase in rental rates.
Just the other day in my Collingwood office, a resident came in to say how frustrated her daughter is with high rental rates in the region. The daughter simply can't find an affordable place to live.
This affordability crisis is an issue that is going to grow worse unless the government takes action.
We've seen the government acknowledge the problem but Ontarians have yet to see a concrete plan that will bring them some relief.
As things stand today, thousands of hardworking Ontarians simply can't afford to purchase a home.
Instead, they are forced to rent or stay with family. In some cases, people purchase homes in more affordable areas of the province, but this often means commuting long distances to work.
Overall, we have an unpleasant and unacceptable situation on our hands.
One of the challenges in Simcoe-Grey is the fact supply is incredibly low, which pushes home prices up. This is something touched on by the Southern Georgian Bay Association of Realtors in its March report.
"Overall supply stands at record lows," the association said. "There were just 451 active residential listings on the association's MLS system at the end of March 2017, down 52.1 percent from year-ago levels."
And yet the value of residential transactions in March was $123.5-million, the association said, adding this represents a 47.5 percent increase over March 2016.
Municipal officials at the county level are working hard to alleviate the affordable housing issue in our communities and I thank them for their efforts.
In 2014, the County of Simcoe approved its 10-year Affordable Housing and Homelessness Prevention Strategy.
The strategy aims to ensure a range of affordable housing options for all residents in the county.
Through various planning tools, the county has made a commitment to achieve, "a minimum of 2,685 new affordable housing units throughout the region by 2024."
Still, the Wynne Liberals need to also show leadership on this file.
On several occasions now, our party has encouraged the government to act.
Just the other day, PC Leader Patrick Brown wrote Finance Minister Charles Sousa, demanding the Liberals come up with a meaningful plan that will help Ontarians.
Mr. Brown noted that, "we are concerned that your government's approach to date seems solely focused on taxation measures, rather than looking more broadly at the housing sector and all the potential challenges and solutions."
He continues, saying that: "Many of your government's policies have contributed to the challenge we are facing today, including the additional land transfer tax and added red tape in the housing sector."
Ontario's housing affordability crisis will require the government to address both supply and demand.
As Mr. Brown noted in his letter to Minister Sousa, "It will also require the expertise of individuals in all areas of the industry, not just conversations behind the closed doors of the Premier's office."
Our party is calling on the government to make a commitment to address supply, including the red tape and regulatory burden, which both limits the supply of new housing, and increases carrying costs which are passed on to consumers.
We are also asking the government to address demand.
And we are asking for a review of the government portfolio immediately, to determine how many vacant residential properties the province owns in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area.
Finally, we are calling on the Liberals to establish a panel of industry experts – including professional planners, builders, mortgage professionals, realtors, and municipal representatives – to develop both short and long-term solutions to address Ontario's housing challenges.
I will continue to advocate on your behalf on this matter as it's one of great importance. Today, for many, the dream of home ownership is just that – a dream.
We can do better.
Jim Wilson is the Progressive Conservative MPP for Simcoe-Grey.
VIDEO: Wilson presents Collingwood Hospital petitions
(April 12, 2017) Yesterday in the Ontario Legislature, Simcoe-Grey MPP Jim Wilson was pleased to present the first round of petitions collected by the Collingwood General and Marine Hospital. The petition calls on the government to provide the necessary funding to build a new hospital to serve the needs of the community.
Petitions are available on this website and in Wilson’s offices. They are also being distributed to various businesses in the area. Please stop by and add your name to this important campaign.
Government needs to finish Highway 26 work in Collingwood
(April 10, 2017) One of my proudest accomplishments as your Member of Provincial Parliament was getting approval for the Highway 26 realignment project between Wasaga Beach and Collingwood.
This new controlled-access highway has greatly improved transportation safety in our community.
When the project was announced in the early 2000s, my party was still in power and we saw the importance of doing this work.
Unfortunately, after the 2003 provincial election, the Liberal government of Dalton McGuinty stopped the project for several years. It was partisan politics at its worst and a dark period for all of us in the north end of the riding.
Residents will recall we collected 10,000 signatures on a petition that demanded the government finish the highway.
It was only after lobbying efforts by local residents, municipal politicians, and after I raised the matter on many, many occasions in the legislature, that the Liberals agreed to move ahead and finish the highway.
The new section opened in 2012, but a small piece of the project remains outstanding to this day.
Municipal and provincial officials know it as Phase 3, which involves widening the highway to five lanes, between the Sixth Line and Pretty River Parkway, and extending Sandford Fleming Drive.
Sadly, the Liberals are again dragging their heels and it remains unclear when they will get to work on this part of the highway.
I've written to the Minister of Transportation several times and urged the government to get the job done. I have also spoken with Minister of Transportation Steven Del Duca. And, last week I questioned the government on the issue.
However, it appears common courtesy has gone out the window as I can't get a response from the government.
Such silence is disrespectful to the people of this community. I would never have exhibited that type of behaviour in the years I served as a minister.
As things stand now, Highway 26, between Sixth Line and Pretty River Parkway, is a non-divided two-lane road, without sufficient turning lanes.
Town of Collingwood officials are frustrated that the highway project has once again ground to a halt.
And I'm not impressed with the situation, either.
Municipal representatives, in a briefing note to the provincial government, state the present situation, "creates serious problems for traffic flow, as well as our secondary routes, as many drivers try to find alternate ways to access...Collingwood."
As well, the town notes there are "numerous safety concerns that arise from the sudden convergence of so much traffic into a much narrower road. Access on and off the two-lane section of highway is another serious safety concern. Cars must wait a long time for gaps in the traffic and cars waiting to turn are often passed on the right hand shoulder. Manoeuvring on and off this two-lane section is tricky and dangerous at times."
We've all seen the problems outlined by the town.
Given how often the government touts the importance of road safety, you'd think they would address this section of Highway 26 sooner than later.
The government's inaction is also holding up job creation and economic development.
Once the highway work is complete, and Sandford Fleming Drive is connected to the new section of highway, significant commercial development in that area can proceed.
This development will result in the creation of more than 70 jobs.
This issue with the highway has been unresolved now for five years and that's totally unacceptable.
People expect better from the government. I know I certainly do.
I've raised this issue in the Ontario Legislature and I will continue to press the Liberal government to get the job finished.
Jim Wilson is the Progressive Conservative MPP for Simcoe-Grey.
Liberals won’t commit to finishing Highway 26
(April 6, 2017) With Premier Kathleen Wynne glad-handing across Simcoe-Grey today, MPP Jim Wilson rose in the Ontario Legislature and asked the government when it will finish the Highway 26 project at the eastern entrance to Collingwood.
After opening the main part of the new highway in 2012, the Liberal government put phase 3 of the project on the backburner, inconveniencing the town and local businesses.
"By not completing the five-laning of Highway 26 at the east end of Collingwood, the province is holding up job creation and economic development. If this section of highway was completed, the town could extend Sandford Fleming Drive to Highway 26, a move that would spur significant commercial development in the area," Wilson said in the legislature today. "This government has failed to do its job, so I ask, when will the minister commit to finishing this section of Highway 26, and will he state when the work will take place?"
However, Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca did not give Wilson a straight answer. And when Wilson pressed him on the matter, the minister again did not give a direct response.
"I'm hopeful after the premier's visit to the riding today, that she'll understand the need for completing the Highway 26 phase 3," Wilson said after Question Period. "I hope this doesn't go down in history as another project the Liberals can't get right."
To see the whole exchange in the legislature, click on the link.
For more information call:
Office of Jim Wilson, MPP for Simcoe-Grey
Wilson calls on government to finish Highway 26
(April 4, 2017) Simcoe-Grey MPP Jim Wilson is calling on the provincial government to finish the last leg of the new Highway 26, at the east end of Collingwood.
During a Member's Statement in the Ontario Legislature yesterday, Wilson said the delay in finishing the work is holding up job creation and economic development.
"Today I'm calling on the province to pay for and finish the five-laning into town and extend Sir Sandford Fleming Drive through to Highway 26, a move that will spur significant commercial development in the area," Wilson said. "This development will result in the creation of more than 70 new jobs."
He said the issue with the highway has been unsolved now for five years, saying that is totally unacceptable.
"I've written to the minister on several occasions about this matter but apparently common courtesy has gone out the window as I can't seem to get a response," Wilson said. "Enough is enough. The time for the government to finish the job is now."
To view the full statement, click on the link.
For more information call:
Office of Jim Wilson, MPP for Simcoe-Grey
Simcoe-Grey MPP meets with OPSEU representatives
(Friday, March 31, 2017) Friday, Simcoe-Grey MPP Jim Wilson met with OPSEU representatives at his Collingwood office, where he learned about the organization's new We Own It campaign.
Wilson looking into highway issues
(Friday, March 31, 2017) On Friday, Simcoe-Grey MPP Jim Wilson met with Mr. Kip Brown of Blue Mountain Chrysler, as well as Collingwood mayor Sandra Cooper, and Collingwood's Director of Public Works and Engineering Mr. Brian MacDonald, to talk about issues related to Highway 26 and Sir Sanford Fleming Drive. Wilson will be following up with the government.
Jim meets with the OMA
(March 29th, 2017) Simcoe-Grey MPP Jim Wilson was also pleased to meet with a number of representatives from the Ontario Medical Association where they identified some valid concerns over current legislation introduced by the government. Jim is pleased to do what he can to support doctors across the province.
Jim meets with OSSTF
(March 29, 2017) Today, Simcoe-Grey MPP Jim Wilson was pleased to meet with local representatives from the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation concerning their campaign to end violence in the workplace. He is pictured here with Ms. Karen Littlewood and Ms. Jessica Burnie in his office at Queen’s Park.
- MPP Wilson presents Trillium funding in Essa
- Wilson calls for hospital planning grants
- VIDEO: CTV News coverage of the push for support for our local hospitals
- VIDEO: Wilson calls on the government to do more to support apple industry
- Government asked to address Grey-Bruce hospital concerns
- Wynne Liberals’ partisan hydro ads in contempt of parliament: PCs
- MEDIA ADVISORY for Friday, March 24
- MPP Wilson tours hospital sites in Meaford, Owen Sound
- Wilson meets with school board chair Peter Beacock
- Liberal incompetence hurts us all
- Liberals bungle long-term care bed file
- Jim meets with legislative page Nolan Campbell
- Jim meets with the Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Wilson congratulates Dr. Shazia Ambreen
- Jim meets with Ontario Federation of Agriculture
- Jim meets with Epilepsy Ontario
- VIDEO: Wilson questions Liberals on Wpd remedy hearing
- Dr. Shazia Ambreen awarded CPSO Council Award for 2017
- Jim welcomes constituents to Queen's Park
- VIDEO: Wilson questions the government on unfair taxation for craft distillers
- Jim pleased to support 'Daughters of the Vote' hosted by Equal Voice
- Jim meets with Consul General of Israel Galit Baram
- Wilson meets with Alliston BIA reps
- Jim attends Minesing Mini-Fest
- Ontario business leaders losing faith
- Patrick Brown working hard for Ontarians
- Jim and Patrick Meet with Officials at Stevenson Memorial Hospital
- Jim Meets with Beattie's Distillers
- Jim Meets with Simcoe County Home Builders' Association
- MPP Wilson tours Reinhart Foods in Stayner
- Liberal bungling again impacts health care system
- Liberal cap-and-trade fiasco hurts us all
- Merry Christmas and all the best in 2017!
- Wilson pushes province to fund Nottawasaga River dredging
- Wilson attends round table with Residential Construction Council of Ontario
- VIDEO: Saturday Marks Ontario’s second Christmas Tree Day
- Auditor general’s report highlights more shameful Liberal mismanagement
- Jim welcomes Angela Schwarz to Queen's Park
- Jim meets with the Ontario Good Roads Association
- VIDEO: Wilson speaks to PCs Opposition Day Motion on the high cost of electricity
- VIDEO: Wilson thanks Wasaga fire fighters
- MPP Wilson raises local concerns about skyrocketing electricity rates
- Jim meets with local realtors
- Jim Welcomes Patrick Whitten to Queen's Park
- Crown litigators chose not to call federal witness in wind turbine hearing
- Jim meets with Ontario Professional Fire Fighter's Association
- MPP Wilson pays tribute to the late Mr. Mervyn Denney
- Wynne Liberals continue on destructive path
- Wynne Government Operatives Charged
- MPP Wilson observes Remembrance Day in Simcoe-Grey
- Remembrance Week augments November 11: Wilson
- MPP Wilson congratulates Collingwood on ‘Most Entrepreneurial’ designation
- MPPs approve Wilson's Remembrance Week Act
- Service clubs voice concerns at Queen’s Park hearing
- MPP Wilson introduces Remembrance Week Act
- Liberal bungling frustrates Nottawa resident
- Liberals snub request to meet with Stayner man
- Health Minister blames everyone but his own
- MPP Wilson submits signed copies of Stevenson Memorial Hospital petition
- Calling all service clubs – here’s your day at Queen’s Park
- Wilson reintroduces municipal planning powers bill
- Statement from the Leader of the Official Opposition
- MPP Wilson's remarks on Ontario's electricity crisis
- Did Liberal government suppress expert testimony?
- Wilson tours Nottawasaga Valley watershed
- Wilson launches new hydro petition
- MPP Wilson attends International Plowing Match
- MPP Wilson stands up for farmers
- Supporting Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Same old, same old
- Ontario hydro rates now the highest in North America
- Wilson celebrates grant funding with Trillium recipients
- Simcoe-Grey MPP supports My Friend's House
- True cost of ORPP remains unknown: Wilson
- Wilson celebrates Canada Day with South Simcoe residents
- Wilson attends CFB Borden change-of-command
- Celebrating investment in Collingwood
- Wilson guest speaker at Wasaga Rotary
- Brown and Wilson visit Collingwood airport
- Liberals continue to cut Barrie and Simcoe County health services
- Why reward bad behaviour?
- Liberal climate plan will make life more expensive for Ontarians
- MPP Wilson helps New Lowell United Church open addition
- Wilson brings greetings at Collingwood Gutsy Walk
- Wilson's seniors' seminar draws big crowd
- Grim fiscal future for Ontario
- Autism doesn't end at age 5
- Stop your power bill from skyrocketing
- Brown tours Collingwood G&M
- PC Leader Patrick Brown visits Wasaga Beach
- Wilson speaks out for autistic children
- Simcoe-Grey MPP salutes nurses, PSWs
- MPP Wilson visits with longtime friends in Stayner
- Wilson celebrates new Dutch Canadian Friendship Garden in Stayner
- Liberal government refuses to restore autism cuts in front of affected families
- Wilson meets with Baxter Corporation
- Rising hydro rates hurting Ontario
- Wilson launches petition in support of autistic children
- Wilson discusses Liberal funding freeze to health unit
- Liberals snub Wilson’s call to halt wind turbine project
- Wilson and stakeholders discuss wind turbines with media
- Liberals putting pilot safety at risk: Wilson
- Wilson pays tribute to late NDP member Peter Kormos
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Wilson demands halt to wind turbine project
- VIDEO: Wilson fights for students attending demonstration schools
- Liberal policies threaten Demonstration Schools
- Wind turbine company's cash influenced Liberal government: Wilson
- Meeting with local moms about Liberal cuts to IBI funding
- Liberal government ignores call for fiscal restraint
- Wilson making progress for Wasaga’s Parkbridge residents
- PTSD legislation the right thing to do
- Brown stands up for local hospitals
- Simcoe-Muskoka MPPs outraged by cuts to RVH
- Liberal budget hurts Ontario families
- Wilson’s hospital petition receives strong support
- VIDEO: Wilson calls on Liberals to stop wind turbine project
- Wilson working hard for Simcoe-Grey
- VIDEO: Wilson demands answers on wind turbines
- Fun day at Minesing Minifest
- Liberals endanger pilots and public safety by approving turbines
- Celebrating 40 years of Sunnidale Winterama in New Lowell
- Congratulations to Thornbury's Lionel Boutet
- Premier must restore local decision making
- Liberals bungle oversight of tire stewardship
- Bill 109 good news for firefighters
- VIDEO: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
- VIDEO: Wilson questions government on fire safety tool
- Auditor-General’s report highlights Liberal incompetence
- Liberal math, it never quite adds up
- Talking child and family services issues
- Meeting with Clearview Library CEO
- VIDEO: Wilson raises need for Wasaga high school
- VIDEO: Wilson delivers Christmas Tree Day statement
- Interesting Q&A with kids at Admiral Collingwood
- Meeting with officials at RVH in Barrie
- Nice update with My Friend's House
- Good meeting with OPPI reps at Queen's Park
- Visiting with constituents at Queen's Park
- VIDEO: Wilson demands help for local land lease communities
- Meeting with Wasaga residents
- It's flu shot season
- Planning for Alliston hospital redevelopment continues
- VIDEO: Remembering wartime efforts in Simcoe-Grey
- New land transfer tax powers will hurt Ontarians
- Lunch supports Hockley Hall
- Meeting in Essa with Alisa Vegter
- Wilson visits with page Samuel Martin-Chase
- VIDEO: Wilson introduces New Tecumseth hydro resolution
- Premier Wynne, are you listening?
- Hydro hike hurts Ontarians
- Hydro sale a bad idea: FAO report
- Proud to celebrate two new Habitat homes in Collingwood
- Wilson meets with Dairy Farmers of Ontario
- September job numbers reflect Liberal incompetence
- Congratulations to Walker Aggregates
- Celebrating with Collingwood's Elsie Cruickshank
- Wilson seeks answers on Clearview turbine project
- VIDEO: More support for expansion of Alliston hospital
- Fun day at Elmvale Fall Fair
- Wilson pleased to attend Friends of Simon Wiesenthal dinner
- VIDEO: Wilson calls on government to fund Matthews House Hospice
- Wynne ruining Ontario one bad decision at a time
- Watching our firefighters at work
- Liberals allowing CCAC system to suffer
- Liberals running roughshod over Ontarians
- VIDEO: Wilson calls for Alliston hospital redevelopment funding
- VIDEO: Wilson fights for constituent’s health care needs
- Liberal pension scheme hurts Ontario
- Meeting with G&M Hospital
- Merchant Navy Day in Collingwood
- Let's show our support for Stevenson Memorial
- Wilson marks Liberal physiotheraphy cuts in Midland
- Thanks to our peacekeepers
- Jim Meets with Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center
- Jim Meets with Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
- Wilson Thanks Community for Their Efforts with Reopening Springwater Park
- Wilson Urges Premier to Address Crisis in Long-Term Care
- Jim Meets with Local Farmers
- Noble Insurance Celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Kathleen Wynne Fails to Deliver on Auto Insurance
- Wilson Launches Petition for the Redevelopment of SMH
- Wilson Attends 6 Hours of Gibraltar Bike Race in Support of My Friend's House
- Ontario Faces another Credit Downgrade
- Jim Welcomes MPP John Fraser to Matthews House Hospice
- Provincial Portion of Hume Street Project Remains Concern for Wilson
- Jim Meets With Local Dignitaries to Combat School Closures
- Wilson Continues To Fight Against Government Cuts to Physiotherapy for Seniors
- Jim Hosts Alliston 50+ Seminar
- Pan Am Games Torch - Collingwood
- Wilson Congratulates Christmas Tree Farmers Ontario
- Pan Am Games Torch - Alliston
- Why a Fire Sale of Hydro One Is a Bad Idea
- Jim Hosts Collingwood 50+ Seminar
- Petition to Lower Hydro Rates
- Tecumseth Beeton Elementary School Visits Queen's Park
- VIDEO: Liberal Government Continues to Ignore Crisis in Long-Term Care
- VIDEO: Wilson’s Christmas Tree Day Legislation Passes!
- VIDEO: Wilson Continues to Question Premier Over Fire Sale of Hydro One
- Join Jim at His Upcoming 50+ Seminar
- Nottawasaga Pines High School Participates in Relay for Life
- VIDEO: Liberals Ultimately Responsible for Billing Errors at Hydro One
- VIDEO: MPP Jim Wilson Launches Service Club Petition
- Energy File Mismanaged By Liberals Out of Touch With Impact
- VIDEO: Ontario Hydro Rates Most Expensive and Disastrous for Ontarians
- VIDEO: Liberal Dithering on Teacher Negotiations Creating Anxiety for Ontario Parents
- VIDEO: Education System In Chaos; Minister Should be Fired
- Enough is Enough - Hydro Protest at Queen's Park
- Jim Meets with Home Horizon Transitional Support Program
- Rural Ontario Medical Program
- VIDEO: Wilson Proposes Private Members Bill to Help Veterans Get Jobs with Ontario Government
- VIDEO: Liberal Government Out of Touch with Crisis in Long-Term Care
- VIDEO: Liberal Road Maintenance Standards Costing Lives
- Liberals Stealing Federal Health Transfer Payments to Pay for Fiscal Mismanagement of Ontario Finances
- Essa Franchise Forum
- VIDEO: Liberal Government to Use Taxpayers' Dollars to Pay for "Campaign Advertising"
- Rotary Day
- VIDEO: What Happened to the 54 Million Dollars Cut from Health Care in Last Thursday's Budget
- MPP Wilson Says Ontarians Can’t Afford Liberal Budget
- VIDEO: PC’s Five Budget Requests Key to Beginning Economic Turnaround
- VIDEO: Why Won’t Government Stop Gouging People and Take PC Advice?
- VIDEO: Liberal Government Turns Back on Consumers with Opportunistic Hydro One Proposal
- VIDEO: Watch Jim on CP24
- VIDEO: Liberals Plan to Take Hydro One Proceeds, Leave Customers Holding the Debt
- VIDEO: Wilson Again Questions Government over Sale of Hydro One
- Jim Speaks at Thornton Lions Club
- VIDEO: Tribute to former MPP George McCague
- VIDEO: Cap and Trade Nothing but Another Tax That Will Raise the Price of Everything
- VIDEO: Hydro One Sale Proceeds Must Legally Be Used for Debt Payments
- VIDEO: Wilson Asks Follow up Question on Service Club Resolution
- VIDEO: Will Premier Introduce Legislation to Limit Third Party Advertising?
- Jim Meets with Ontario Legislative Page Aiden Campbell
- Liberals Stifling Jobs and Economic Growth
- Blue Mountains Seniors Information and Active Living Fair
- VIDEO: Wilson Hopeful Government Will Follow Through With Promise to Fund Matthews House Hospice
- VIDEO: Wilson Questions Premier on GM Job Losses
- We Can’t Accept Liberal Scandals as the Status Quo
- VIDEO: Wilson Continues to Question Wynne over Sudbury Scandal
- Wilson Helps Celebrate Probus Month in Alliston
- VIDEO: Wilson Questions Premier Again Over Sudbury Scandal
- Father F. X. O'Reilly School Visits Queen's Park
- Jim Meets with Warden of Simcoe County
- VIDEO: Jim recognizes Federated Women's Institute of Ontario
- VIDEO: Wilson Renews Call for the Government to Equitably Fund Matthews House Hospice
- VIDEO: Ontario PC Interim Leader Jim Wilson Speaks in Support of Ontario Farmers
- VIDEO: Premier’s Double Standards on OPP Bribery Investigations Questioned
- VIDEO: Leadership from Premier Lacking in Sudbury Scandal
- VIDEO: Wilson Questions Premier Again Over Bribery Allegations
- VIDEO: Ontario PCs Looking for Answers and Resignations Over Bribery Allegations
- Premier Needs to Show Integrity by Taking Bribery Scandal Seriously
- VIDEO: Wilson Wins Approval for Service Club Resolution
- VIDEO: Ontario PCs Demand Resignations of Apparent Law-Breaking Liberals
- VIDEO: Premier Wynne Needs to Suspend her Deputy Chief over Suspicion of Bribery
- Wiarton Willie Festival
- Wilson Hosts Second Meeting to Discuss Dumping at Tottenham Airfield
- Ontario PCs Promote Recognition of E-Petitions by Legislature
- Jim meets with Ontario's Ombudsman, André Marin
- Wilson Reminds Public to Move Over for Stopped Emergency Vehicles
- Now Is Not the Time for Another Gasoline Tax
- Ontario PCs Launch Petition to Stop the Carbon Tax
- Wilson Makes Donation On Behalf Of PCs to Local Women's Shelters
- Jim meets with Local Business
- Service Clubs Are an Important Part of Our Community
- Luena Daley Wins Ontario Senior Achievement Award
- CO Detectors Required in All Homes
- VIDEO: Premier’s Pattern of Behaviour Let Down Ontario in Fall Legislative Session
- VIDEO: Wilson to Wynne: Pull the Plug on Failed Energy Policies
- VIDEO: Sir John A. MacDonald Bicentennial
- VIDEO: Auditor General's Report Devastating Indictment of Liberal Government: Wilson
- Hospice Palliative Care Ontario
- Increased Taxes, Cuts to Services and More Debt
- Essa Fire Department Hosts Side by Side Burn Demonstration
- VIDEO: Support Sprinklers for Rural Ontarians: Wilson
- VIDEO: MPP Grinch’s Block Christmas Tree Day: Wilson
- Jim Attends Town of New Tecumseth Inaugural Meeting
- VIDEO: Jim Continues to Call on Government to Equitably Fund Hospices
- Ontario Legislative Page Program
- Jim tours Georgian College
- Clearview Tea Company Product Now Available in the Queen's Park Gift Shop
- VIDEO: Wilson to Wynne: More Government Mismanagement Over SAMS
- VIDEO: Wilson Stands Up for Ontario’s Christmas Tree Industry
- VIDEO: Wilson Reintroduces Bill to Fight Wind Turbines Proposed Beside Collingwood Airport
- VIDEO: Wilson Grills Wynne Over Education Cuts, School Closures
- VIDEO: Wilson to Wynne: Restore Municipal Planning Powers over Wind Turbines
- Remembrance Day
- Statement on Remembrance Day
- Jim Signs Petition to “Ground the Flight Tax”
- VIDEO: Jim Continues to Question Government on Wind Turbines at Collingwood Airport
- VIDEO: Wilson Advocates for Local Family and Pushes for Proper Programming
- VIDEO: Ontario PCs Call for Deputy Premier’s Resignation
- Jim Meets with Ministry of Environment Officials
- VIDEO: Hydro Bills Going Up as Liberals Ignore Bloated Pensions
- VIDEO: Wilson Questions Province on Refusal to Provide Disaster Relief for Angus Tornado Victims
- Wilson Concerned Over Dumping Activities in Tottenham
- VIDEO: Liberal Scandals and Mismanagement Deny Health Care to Ontario's Most Vulnerable
- Statement on Shooting in Ottawa
- Jim meets with Minister of Natural Resources
- VIDEO: Premier Wynne Refuses to Release MaRS Records
- Side Launch Brewery Tour
- Wilson Launches Petition in Support of Asthma Protection Bill
- Wilson Enjoying Job as Interim Leader of Ontario PC Party
- Set Targets for Use of Local Agriculture Product in Government Institutions
- Jim Attends 2014 International Plowing Match and Rural Expo
- Dedication of a Memorial to the Royal Newfoundland Fencible Infantry
- Jim meets with Consul General of Pakistan
- Flag-raising Ceremony at Queen's Park
- The 2014 International Plowing Match and Rural Expo is being held in Simcoe County
- Hydro Cash Grab to Continue: Liberals Hide Suspicious Report on Energy Sector Pensions
- VIDEO: Wilson Continues Fight against Wind Turbines at Collingwood Airport
- VIDEO: Statement on the Collingwood Elvis Festival
- VIDEO: Liberal Tax Grab Threatens Small Airports Across Ontario
- VIDEO: Wilson Continues to Call on Government to Equitably Fund Hospices
- VIDEO: Jim Presents More Physiotherapy Petitions
- VIDEO: Wilson Reintroduces Christmas Tree Legislation
- Liberal Budget Fails Ontario
- Statement on the Passing of Former MPP George R. McCague
- Liberal Throne Speech Takes Ontario in the Wrong Direction
- Jim Wilson elected as Interim Leader of Ontario PC Party
- Thank You Simcoe-Grey
- Wilson Tours Angus to View Aftermath of Tornado
- MPP Wilson Responds to Liberals Reckless Budget
- VIDEO: Liberals Still Refuse to Fund Life-Saving Medication for 12 Year Old Girl
- Jim Meets with Financial Advisors Association
- Wilson Introduces Petition to Address Discrepancy in Hospice Funding
- MPP Wilson Launches 'Stop Gouging Hydro Rates' Campaign
- MPP Jim Wilson Looks for Advice on Angling and Hunting Issues in Simcoe-Grey
- VIDEO: Liberals Cuts to Physiotherapy Hurting Seniors: Wilson
- Jim Meets with Ontario Medical Students Association
- Wilson Joins Dunlop for Skilled Trades Overview Tour Stop in Wasaga Beach
- Former Finance Minister Jim Flaherty Passes Away at 64
- VIDEO: Wilson Questions Liberals on Funding for Collingwood Hospital
- Attorney General Victim Services Awards
- VIDEO: Wilson Advocates for Fair Hospice Funding in Ontario
- Wilson Introduces Legislation to Recognize Rural Industry
- Beaver Valley Rocks Celebrity Curling Match
- MPP Jim Wilson Wants to Hear From Local Businesses
- Errinrung Residence Hosts a Staff Appreciation Day!
- VIDEO: Wilson Continues to Advocate for Drug Coverage of Kalydeco for Madi Vanstone
- VIDEO: Where is Liberal Jobs Plan?
- Wilson and Dunlop to Host Trades Town Hall in Simcoe-Grey
- Wilson Committed to Restoring Horse Racing Industry in Ontario
- VIDEO: Wilson Introduces Petition for 12 Year Old Madi Vanstone
- VIDEO: Ontario Healthcare System Failing 12 Year Old Madi Vanstone: McGuinty-Wynne Liberals Continue to Refuse Lifesaving Treatment
- VIDEO: McGuinty-Wynne Liberals Continue to Refuse Treatment to 12 Year Old Madi Vanstone
- VIDEO: Wilson extremely disappointed by Premier Wynne’s Callous Refusal to Fund Treatment for 12 Year Old Madi Vanstone
- Jim Tours Darlington Nuclear Station
- Wilson Attends Wind Rally at Queen's Park
- VIDEO: Jim Speaks to Concerns Heard at Agricultural Roundtable
- Liberals Energy Boondoggle to Continue
- Jim Congratulates Goodall on Grand Opening of New Location
- Jim Speaks to Wasaga Beach Rotary
- Wilson, Dunlop and Hardeman to Host Agriculture Roundtable in Simcoe-Grey
- Wilson Outraged with Approval for Wind Turbines at Collingwood Airport
- Hydro Rates Going Up AGAIN
- Wilson Continues Fight to Regain Access to Shale Beach
- Jim Meets with Hospice Palliative Care Ontario
- VIDEO: Wilson Advocates for Fair Hospice Funding
- VIDEO: Wilson Congratulates Alliston Hospital on Recognition in Canadian Business Journal
- VIDEO: Still No Promised Jobs Plan From 'Clearing The Decks’
- VIDEO: Wilson Congratulates Collingwood Hospital on Outstanding Recognition
- Jim meets with the Canadian Sikh Association
- Jim speaks at Collingwood Chamber of Commerce power lunch
- Economic Update Shows Liberals to Keep Racking Up Debt
- VIDEO: Wilson Goes to Bat for Seniors Unable to Afford Medical Supplies
- Jim wears green for 4H day
- Jim meets with Chicken Farmers of Ontario
- VIDEO: Wilson Confronts Liberals on Wind Turbine Being Built in Residential Neighbourhood
- VIDEO: Wilson Stands Up for Snowmobile Clubs as Liberals Move to Cut Off Access to Hydro Corridors
- VIDEO: PCs Continues to Fight for Prompt Payment Legislation
- Jim meets with Ontario Convenience Store Stakeholders
- Liberals can no longer be trusted to govern: Hudak
- Wilson Pleased to Support New Trades Legislation: Bill 118, No New Tax for Businesses Act
- Liberals Keen to Consult, but Have No Plan for Jobs or Economy
- Jim congratulates Norma Friest
- VIDEO: Wilson Outraged with Liberals Decimation of Horse Racing Industry
- VIDEO: Wilson Joins Hudak to Call for Judicial Inquiry over Gas Plant Scandal
- Liberal Government Responsible for another $1.1 Billion Scandal
- VIDEO: Wilson Talks Impact of Low Water Levels in Georgian Bay
- Wilson Continues His Fight for Pensions of Public Sector Employees Affected by Past Public Sector Divestments
- Understanding Your Hydro Bill
- VIDEO: Jim meets with Barrie Construction Association and Council of Ontario Construction Associations
- VIDEO: Jim questions Premier on programming motion
- Jim appears on Sun News with Anita Sharma
- Developmental Disabilities Ignored by Liberals
- Wilson Continues to Push for Outstanding Pension Regulations
- Essa Historical Society Unveils Plaque Commemorating Founding of Utopia
- Ontario must get Its Fiscal House in Order Before it is Too Late
- Grand Re-Opening of Tim Hortons (Hume Street)
- Jim attends local BBQ
- Patricia Midlebrook celebrates 70 years
- Jim Presents Trillium Funding in Creemore
- Tax Breaks for Farmers, Food for Ontario Families
- Liberal-NDP Coalition Lie to Ontarians about Auto Insurance
- Carly Patterson Memorial Golf Tournament
- Campbell House Brakes Ground
- Wilson pleased to support Georgian Bay Mayors and 'Stop the Drop' to launch Mayors' Challenge
- Ontario's Debt Clock Keeps Ticking
- Ontario Needs a New Economic and Jobs Plan says Wilson
- Wilson Wants to Promote Midwifery Services
- Wilson Thanks Community for Their Efforts with Traffic Signals
- Liberals Disallows Summer Select Committee on Developmental Services
- Hamilton Family Donates 150 Acres of Land
- Wilson Calls on Minister to Stop Physiotherapy Service Cuts
- Wilson Introduces Petition to Re-Open Blue Mountains Shale Beach
- NDP Prop Up a Corrupt Liberal Government
- Physiotherapy Petition
- Grand Opening of Oasis By The Bay Vacation Resort
- Jim Hosts Annual Seniors' Seminar
- Wilson: Liberals Energy Announcement Nothing But Hot Air
- Jim Meets with Delegates from Kingdom of Lesotho
- Jim Meets with Founder of ‘Stop the Drop’ Campaign
- Wilson Debates Liberal-NDP Coalition Budget
- Wilson Introduces Petition against Physiotherapy Cuts
- Wilson: Physiotherapy Cuts Will Have a Devastating Impact on Seniors
- Liberals and NDP Team Up to Silence Ontario Taxpayers
- Grand Opening of the Collingwood Community Food Co-op
- Wilson Blasts Liberal-NDP Coalition Budget Deal
- Wilson Thanks Local Physicians
- You're invited to Jim's Annual 50 Plus Seminar
- Wilson: Liberal-NDP Coalition Hiding From Accountability
- A Confident Government Shouldn't Be Afraid of a Confidence Motion
- Jim helps Warden Cal Patterson advance local concerns at Queen’s Park
- Scandals Leave Ontarians with No Confidence in Liberal Government
- Jim joins Tim Hudak and Steve Clark to demand accountability over gas plant scandal
- Wilson Congratulates the Lions and Lioness Clubs on their 50th and 35th Anniversaries
- Wilson Questions Lack of Action from Liberal Government over Declining Water Levels in Great Lakes
- Jim Stops by Midwives Nottawasaga
- Liberals Have Lost the Moral Authority to Govern
- Wilson to Premier: It is time to test the confidence of this House
- Ontarians Need Confidence in Government – And our Future
- McGuinty-Wynne Liberals -- Putting Their Party Before Taxpayers
- Wilson talks ramifications of GEA and Demands Answers over Wind Turbines proposed near Airport
- Press Conference on Green Energy Act
- Jim has Local Constituents to Queen's Park
- Hydro Rates Set to Skyrocket, Again
- Wilson Applauds Local Teacher for Unique Approach to Fundraising
- Trades Tax Must be Stopped
- Wilson Makes Statement about Closure of Springwater Park
- NEWS ALERT - Jackson Makes Statement on Springwater Park Closure
- PC Party Plan for a Better Rural Ontario
- Jim Met with Canadian Federation of Students Ontario
- Liberals Continue to Do Nothing to Confront Jobs and Spending Crisis
- Paths to Prosperity: Respect for Rural Ontario
- Jim met with Midwives Nottawasaga
- Wilson Challenges Premier on Wind Turbines Proposed near the Collingwood Regional Airport
- Legislative Page Program
- Watch Jim on The Source with Ezra Levant talking about wind turbines
- Wilson Introduces More Petitions to Call for a Moratorium on Wind Turbine Developments
- Wilson Introduces More Petition to Urge the Continued Operation of Springwater Provincial Park
- Gas Plant Scandal - What are the Liberals hiding?
- Jim Wilson Signs Pledge To Stop The Trades Tax
- NEWS ALERT: Wind turbines in Collingwood will create perfect storm (Toronto Sun)
- Wilson continues to push for outstanding pension regulations for local workers
- Wilson Introduces Petition that Urges the Continued Operation of Springwater Provincial Park
- Wilson Introduces Petition that Calls for a Moratorium on Wind Turbine Developments
- That’s Wynne’s Story and She’s Sticking to It
- Wilson to Wynne: Allow Select Committee into Gas Plant Scandal
- Wilson Introduces Legislation to Restore Local Control over Wind and Solar Projects
- Jim joined his PC colleagues today to urge investigations into cancelation of gas plants
- TIME TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF ORNGE AND GAS PLANT SCANDALS
- Ontario’s Debt Nightmare has Surpassed Even America’s Most Indebted State
- Liberal Minister Admits to Making a Mistake with Decision to End the Slots at Racetracks Partnership
- Liberals ignore the facts by introducing a more stringent Drive Clean test
- Liberal Leadership Candidates Do Not Deserve To Be in Government, Let Alone Running It
- So Much for the Goodwill, Wilson says of Teacher Talks
- Bogus Email Shows Distrust in McGuinty
- Wilson to McGuinty: Back off on Slots at Racetracks Program
- Green Energy Act Divides Ontario
- McGuinty's 100 days (and counting) of inaction
- Issues to follow in 2012
- Hudak & Wilson: McGuinty is out of ideas, so he can have ours
- CTV News coverage of the push for support services for Jessi Dillon of Nottawa
- Action needed on pension legislation: Wilson
- Auditor General confirms Wilsons hydro warnings
- Join Jim for his swearing-in ceremony
- Collingwood hospital expansion must be a priority: Wilson
- Thank you, Simcoe-Grey
- Wilson named House Leader of the government-in-waiting
- Wilson Announces Plan to Give Hydro Relief
- Wilson Urges Solution to Hospice Issue
- McGuinty Raises Hydro Rates Yet Again
- Patient Care Fading Amid Laboratory Closures
- Wilson pushes for pension regulations for local workers
- Ontario Families Need Relief from Tax and Spend McGuinty Liberals
- Stop Talking and Start Fixing Victims Justice Fund
- Community Update: Stayner Lab to Remain Open
- Wilson pushes for Collingwood hospital expansion
- Wait for dialysis in Collingwood reaching crisis level
- Dialysis Situation Must Be Fixed: Wilson
- On hydro bills, families need a chance to catch-up
- Advancing Your Concerns at Queen's Park
- Tottenham Medical Lab Now Open
- Setting Local Priorites: A Year in Review
- Wilson Renews Calls for Highway 89 Traffic Lights
- Scrap the electronics tax: Wilson
- Wilson seeks advice from his top advisors
- Wilson to McGuinty: Return Lab to Stayner or Cut LifeLabs funding
- Medical Labs Update - December 8, 2010
- Wilson on LifeLabs: Dont be fooled by temporary re-opening
- Medical Labs Update - December 1, 2010
- Report to the community on medical lab closures
- Jim asks Premier McGuinty to reopen medical labs
- Wilson remembers Chic Simonato
- Wilson Questions Health Minister about Lab Closures
- Wilson Wants Debate on Medical Labs
- Medical Labs: An Open Letter to Dalton McGuinty
- Restore Earned Pension Benefits: Wilson
- Ontario Families Want Change
- Support MS Liberation Therapy: Wilson
- Put Back Stayner's Medical Labs: Wilson
- Reveal Hydro Costs says Wilson
- HEQCO - What are they hiding?
- Wilson Keeps Pushing for Farmers
- No Old Age Security Cheques for Prisoners says Wilson
- Wilson slams prisoner payments, warns of looming health scandal
- We Pay More and We Get Less
- Dalton McGuinty's Terrible Summer
- Wilson: PCs Will Restore Local Decision Making
- Beaver Cleaver and the aww shucks moment
- Cuts at Collingwood's G&M Hospital Cause for Concern
- Liberals Vote No to Business Risk Management Program for Farmers
- PC Caucus Pushes for Business Risk Management Program
- Wilson Tables Resolution to Help Farmers
- Wilson Congratulates the Alliston Hornets
- Jim Wilson Expresses Support for Rural Pharmacies
- Clarksburg or America? Minister needs to get her bins straight
- McGuinty takes taxing and spending to a whole new level
- McGuinty Drops the Axe on Doctor Recruitment Programs
- Health Spending Gone Awry
- McGuinty's "Buy Korea Policy" is bad for Ontario
- Wilson Calls on Premier to Address Children's Aid Shortfalls
- Hydro Bills Set to Skyrocket
- Tired of Red Tape?
- McGuinty snubs Central Ontario: Wilson
- Keeping Busy at Queen's Park
- Official Opening of new CT Scanner at Stevenson Memorial
- Celebrating Ontario Agriculture Week
- Physician Recruitment Programs at Risk says Wilson
- McGuinty Refuses to Listen on Auto Insurance
- Hudak Gives Wilson Additional Responsibilities
- McGuinty Liberals Attack Rural Healthcare
- Jim helps the Federated Women's Insitute of Ontario advance its concerns at Queen's Park
- Wilson goes to bat for Simcoe County paramedics
- Red tape blamed for stalled job plan
- Important Changes to the Highway Traffic Act
- Wilson pushes for new Simcoe-Grey Long-Term Care Beds
- New WSIB Legislation Concerns Small Business
- McGuinty Spends Ontario Into a Deficit: Wilson
- My fight to create jobs for young people
- Local Long-Term Care Waiting Lists Growing
- Animal Cruelty Laws Need More Work
- Time for a new economic plan says Wilson
- Ontario Job Losses
- Invest in long-term care says Wilson
- Let's Introduce a Ban on Bans
- Wilson Congratulates Stevenson Memorial Hospital
- C. difficile Costing More Lives than SARS
- How did sex-change operations become a healthcare priority?
- Doctor Shortage Getting Worse
- Apprenticeship Ratios Keeping Students Unemployed
- Time to bring the Legislature into the 21st Century
- Wilson Congratulates Citizen of the Year George McCague
- Wilson Introduces Lord's Prayer Petition
- University Class Sizes the Worst in Canada says Wilson
- Wilson Speaks about Wasaga Beach during Legislative Debate
- Wilson Pays Tribute to Cameron Street Public School
- Wilson Explains Hype Surrounding Business Taxes
- Wilson to McGuinty: Fix Apprenticeship Ratios to Create Jobs
- Wilson Congratulates the Alliston Hornets
- Petition to Save Angus Early Years Centre
- Wilson Promoted to Deputy Speaker
- Wilson Raises Questions About Hwy 89 Warning Light
- Supporting Responsible Pet Ownership
- Wilson Congratulates George McCague
- Wilson Delivers $108,000 for Habitat for Humanity
- Wilson Introduces Motion to Re-Start Hwy 26
- Stevenson Memorial Hospital Birthing Unit Rally
- Wilson Gets Results on Wrong-Way Sign Legislation
- Getting Results for April Sobisch and Owen Eisses
- Private Member's Bills Help Get Results