Deceased person's health card

Do I need to do anything with a deceased person's health card or health coverage? The health card of a deceased person must be returned to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. You will need to complete a Change of Information (form 280-82) and then mail it with the health card of the deceased person to the ministry. You should include a copy of the death certificate. Copies of this form are available by :

  • Contacting your local ministry office and requesting that one be forwarded to you.
  • Printing a copy of the form through Forms Online.

Alternately, you can send a letter to your local ministry office providing the deceased person's name, date of birth, sex and health number. Enclose a photocopy of the death certificate and the actual health card.

Ontario's Debt Clock

Email Signup


Get the most up to date information on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).